GREEN PHASE RE-OPEN & VISITATION
Berks County has entered the Green Phase as of June 26 , at 12:01 a.m. and as such the following 3 Step program will be followed by Gov Wolf's Administration. Before Step 1 the facility must provide it's plan to keep it's residents safe and provide for the mental well being through visitation and activities to combat feelings of loneliness
Be aware of the Following State Rules:
1) Develop an implementation plan and post that plan to the facility’s website, if the facility has a website, that specifies how the reopening and visitation requirements will be met.
We have posted that here for your information
2) Administer tests within 24 hours of a resident showing COVID-19 symptoms and complete baseline testing as required in the Secretary’s Orders for skilled nursing facilities issued on June 8 and for personal care homes, assisted living residences, and private intermediate care facilities issued on June 26.
We will follow this guidance
3) Develop a plan to allow visitation that includes scheduling and other safety measures.
4) Develop a plan for cohorting or isolating residents diagnosed with COVID-19 in accordance with PA-HAN 509.
5) Establish and adhere to written screening protocols for all staff during each shift, each resident daily, and all persons entering the facility.
6) Have adequate staffing and supply of personal protective equipment for all staff.
Grand View Manor will keep adequate supplies on hand for Residents and Staff Protection as needed
7) Be located in a county that is either in the yellow or green phase of the Governor’s Reopening Plan.
Berks County is in Green Phase